Monday

Oh yes, I'm doing it


I am challenging myself! Thanks to my dear friend Vanessa (a/k/a one of your Book♥Soulmates) who I am totally biting this idea off of.

Starting today, I plan on reading 50 books that I own and have been sitting on my shelves patiently waiting for me to read them. As of now, I plan on reading said 50 books from now through December. These are books that I want to read but have been straggling around because something that I've wanted to read MORE has come along and I just keep pushing them off. So there! Obviously I have more than 50 books that this has happened to, but since I still plan on accepting books for review, going to the library and walking out with 10+ books and going on my weekly shopping spree at B&N, I think 50 books is a good number to start with.

Here is my list:

(listed in no particular order)

1 - Incarceron - Catherine Fisher
2 - Crank - Ellen Hopkins
3 - Seven Tears Into the Sea - Terri Farley
4 - Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
5 - Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
6 - Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson
7 - Torment - Lauren Kate
8 - Shadow Hills - Anastasia Hopcus
9 - Little Bee - Chris Cleave
10 - Go Ask Alice - Anonymous
11 - Sex and the City - Candace Bushnell
12 - The Carrie Diaries - Candace Bushnell
13 - Lover Mine - J.R. Ward
14 - The Postmistress - Sarah Blake
15 - The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen
16 - Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
17 - City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
18 - City of Glass - Cassandra Clare
19 - Shadowland - Alyson Noel
20 - Vision in White - Nora Roberts
21 - Bed of Roses - Nora Roberts
22 - Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld
23 - Intertwined - Gena Showalter
24 - Ghost in the Machine - Patrick Carman
25 - Going Away Shoes - Jill McCorkle
26 - The Diamond of Darkhold - Jeanne DuPrau
27 - The Luxe - Anna Godberson
28 - The Giver - Lois Lowry
29 - Rampant - Diana Peterfreund
30 - The Hollow - Jessica Verday
31 - Immortal - Gillian Shields
32 - Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel
33 - Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick
34 - I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
35 - Ecstasy in Darkness by Gena Showalter
36 - Forget You - Jennifer Echols
37 - Something Blue - Emily Giffin
38 - Betrayed - P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
39 - Dark Peril - Christine Feehan
40 - Water Bound - Christine Feehan
41 - Radiance Alyson Noel
42 - Reckless by Cornelia Funke
43 - The Crying Tree - Naseem Rakha
44 - Soulstice - Simon Holt
45 - Nightshade - Andrea Cremer
46 - Looking for Alaska - John Green
47 - Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
48 - The Red Umbrella - Christina Diaz Gonzalez
49 - Matched - Ally Condie
50 - Numbers - Rachel Ward

Open for suggestions on what should be read sooner than later. Wish me luck!

Completed - 30/50

12 comments:

Book Soulmates said...

Maybe I should get on board too since I have a shit-ton of books on my shelf just WAITING for me to decide to read them, lol.

♥Isalys

Vanessa Book ♥ Soulmates said...

Yayyyyy!!! We have a lot of the same books too! Woot woot!!

Let me know when you read one of the YA's so that we can read it together :D

♥ ya!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Good luck! I see quite a few good titles in there, some I have read and some are waiting for me to read them also!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Whoa..Best of luck! Stay strong

Jennifer said...

This is an extremely ambitious challenge; one that I should probably give a try but one that I would almost definitely fail at! I look forward to tracking your progress. Best of luck!

Jenn said...

Best of luck! If I were to recommend one to start with I would say the Mortal Instrument Series: City of Bones. I brought it on vacation with me and finished it on the first day.

Unknown said...

SO many great books on this list, and a terrific variety. Of all the books that I've read on your list, South of Broad has to be my favorite. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Have fun - happy reading!

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

What a great idea! I should probably do the same as I have an insane amount of books TBR. I'm sure you'll do great, and there are some great books on that list. Can't wait to see what you think of those!

PS : I'm sorry to point out that I think your link to Book Soulmates is broken?

Book of Secrets said...

Good luck & happy reading! :-)

Veens said...

I have read Sarah Dessen but not 'The truth about Forever'.
I so want to do this with you, but I am sure I will neva will be able to read so many books b/w now and December.

Unknown said...

Graceling and Fire HAVE to be at the top. They really are fun and so full of adventure, you won't forget them easily. :)

Mystica said...

Some wonderful books in that list. good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit