Sunday

The Genre Challenge Wrap-Up


I have completed The Genre Challenge. This was such a fun challenge - it got me out of my comfort zone and introduced me to several genres that I normally wouldn't read.

Here is my final list for the challenge:
1- Action : All Together Dead - Charlaine Harris (completed 11/04/08)
2- Detective: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (completed 12/12/08)
3- Thriller : The Host - Stephanie Meyer (completed 1/12/09)
4- Fantasy : The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman (completed 11/16/08)
5- Sci-Fi : Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro (completed 2/01/09)
6- Mystery : Blindness - José Saramago (completed 1/11/09)
7- Realistic : The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares (completed 11/13/08)
8- Crime : Testimony - Anita Shreve (completed 12/04/08)
9- Historical : Outlander - Diana Gabaldon (completed 2/19/09)
10- Romance : The Wednesday Letters - Jason F. Wright (completed 1/04/09)
11- Horror : Just After Sunset - Stephen King (completed 12/30/08)

In my original post there were only 10 categories that I chose, but I added the horror category and decided to go with Stephen King (who better right?). There was also a western category, but I have never been able to find a good western so I didn't even bother with that one. Once again, this was such fun and I hope it's one that gets renewed for 2010.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

You are just zipping through your challenges! Way to go.

Darlene said...

Congrats. That's awesome. I agree with Beth, you really are zipping through your challenges. I'm jealous. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit