Sunday

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

Time of My Life was a bit reminiscent of Family Man, but I loved it anyway. This book is based on the question "What If?" I became totally engrossed with Jillian's story from the first page. When Jillian goes to her masseuse and has her chi unblocked, some very unexpected things happen. For one, she wakes up seven years earlier in bed, in her old apartment, and still in a relationship with her ex-boyfriend - no more husband, nor toddler, nor house in the suburbs. The best thing of it all, she remains with all the knowledge from her real life in the future... thus being able to avoid old arguments, get work done more efficiently and without the stress, be prepared for important life altering moments, etc. It was fun to see how every action had a reaction, thus changing her present and, of course, her future. More importantly though, it raised some very good points - like being true to yourself and not changing who you are or what you believe in for your partner, instead to compromise. As well as how important communication is in relationships. I was curious to see how things would turn out the second time around and will say that I had a tough time trying not to cheat and just look at the last couple of pages to see how it would end. All in all, this was very funny, thought-provoking and a joy to read. I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Beth F said...

I love time travel books -- and this one is new to me. And it sounds good. Thanks for the great review.

Isabel said...

I like "What If" books and movies.

I would be tempted to peek also.

Thanks participating in the 9 for '09 challenge.

Michele said...

I've always thought that is the only way I'd go back in time to live life over again: if I could take my current knowledge with me.

I know I'm weird -- I actually think about things like that. ;)

The Tome Traveller said...

Great review. I hadn't heard about this one before and it sounds like I would enjoy it. I love the premise. This one is going on my wish list!

Darlene said...

Great review. I love Allison's books and unfortunately haven't found time to read her new one yet. It sounds really good, thanks for such a great review.

Anonymous said...

Have to laugh at your honesty. I'd have cheated. ;) I would have read the whole thing, but I would have read the end before I was suppose to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit