Tuesday

Tuesday Thingers


Today's question- Blog Widgets.
Do you use them? Do you have them on your blog? Do you know what I'm talking about? :-) A blog widget is that list of books "From my LibraryThing" and such, that you'll sometimes see on someone's sidebar. If you use it, do all of your books show up or do you have it set to only show certain books? Do you have a search widget, which would allow your blog readers to search your library? Have you ever made a photomosaic of your book covers? You can find widgets and photomosaic information on the "Tools" tab in LibraryThing.

My answer:
I absolutely love Widgets. Although I am not a member of Library Thing, I am a member of Good Reads and I use their widget for Book Cover Montages. I love it. It brings color and character to my blog. It also shows anyone who drops by the books I have recently read and if they choose to actually click on a book cover they can see my review and book info through Good Reads - so that's a plus in itself. I also use plenty of other widgets (i.e. clock, human calendar, countdowns, etc.) Like I said, these things make my blog a nice experience for anyone who passes through, maybe even enticing them to come around more often :)

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I laughed when I saw your human calendar! Great find!!

:) Wendi

Here's my Thinger!

jlshall said...

I have an account at GoodReads, but I never use it much. I like the idea that your book cover montage is linked to your reviews. I might just have to try that feature, myself.

Cathy said...

I didn't know about GoodReads linking your reviews to the book cover montage. I'm going to have to check that out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit