Monday

Belong to Me by Marisa De Los Santos

In Belong to Me we are able to visit with Cornelia, Clare and Teo again. This book is set about 2 ½ years after Love Walked In. In this book we are also introduced to Piper (who would fit well as a character in Desperate Housewives) and Dev (a 14 year old genius). The author is fairly skilled at communicating the complex emotions and reactions that accompany both minor challenges and catastrophe (yes, there were a few tear jerking moments). The characters are lovable and real (personality flaws, bad decisions and all). I loved that the author spoke in the narration of a 14-year-old boy, then switched to a 40-something suburban wife, and so forth. Ms. De Los Santos once again enthralled me with her words... she writes in such a style that I can’t help but just want to keep reading and reading. This is one of those books where you totally get immersed in their world and are sad when you have to leave it.

1 comment:

Beth F said...

Thanks so much for the review. I've been curious about this book (I admit, because I like the cover!). I didn't realize it was a continuation of another book. If decide to read these, I'll start with the first one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit