Sunday

Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

To be honest, I picked up this book because every time I passed by it at the book store - the little cat kept giving me those "buy me now" puppy eyes - so of course, I collapsed and bought it. I thought the book was about Dewey, the cat, and it ended up being more about the librarian. They lost me at "Lots of really appalling things happened to me and my family during this time, which I shall now go on and on about for the next 20 pages"... I thought it could have been shorter and I would have liked it to focus more on Dewey and his impact on the Iowa community, and well, the world, then the life of the librarian. If you love cats, books, and libraries, then I guess this is the book for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... thanks for your review! I'd just added this one to my TBR list a couple of weeks ago, so I'm grateful for the insight. ;)

MizB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit